Your event at the Musikverein Wien
In the centre of Vienna, in the centre of classical music tradition, the Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde in Vienna has been organizing highly successful concerts for 200 years. Equally known and loved by the Viennese and music lovers worldwide, the Musikverein stands for first-class events. Here, where music is at home, you also have the opportunity to rent the premises of the Vienna Musikverein.
© Wolf-Dieter Grabner
© Wolf-Dieter Grabner
The Musikverein’s Great Hall, world-famous for the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra’s New Year’s Concert and its unique acoustics, can be rented primarily for cultural events such as concerts, rehearsals and recordings. With its nearly 1,700 seats, the Great Hall offers the perfect conditions for top-class events.
Standing room for 200
The Brahms Hall is particularly suitable for chamber music ensembles, recitals and solo concerts. Our second largest hall is a compact, magnificent jewel that meets the highest demands. With its expandable stage and flexible seating, even unusual and newly conceived concert concepts can be implemented in a traditional setting.
The best infrastructure and our experienced team enable you to realize your event in one of the most famous concert halls in the world.
In addition to the supervision and co-ordination of your event with our exclusive caterer Gerstner, we also offer first-class gastronomy in an extraordinary setting. Both our concert halls and smaller rooms for meetings, conferences or receptions are available for rent. Likewise, the entire house can be booked for your event.
Any questions? You can find our FAQ’s here!
Gläserner Saal / Magna Auditorium
The Glass Hall / Magna Auditorium shines through with beauty, as well as functionality. In this impressive ambience, the flexibility of the hall and its equipment can be used to stage events of all kinds: elevated podiums turn a concert hall into a conference centre, a cinema into a ballroom, or a stage into a catwalk within a very short time. State-of-the-art technology for sound, lighting, video and large-screen data projections creates ideal conditions for semi-staged productions.
Standing room for 50
Creativity needs space – the Metal Hall presents itself innovatively and clearly. A centre of attraction for young audiences, an ideal space for modern, avant-garde programmes. It is ideal for events that require a simple ambience – a perfect environment for creative work or presentations. Whether it’s a workshop, concert or reception, the Metal Hall gives space to new thinking and makes innovation a tangible experience.
The Stone Hall
Surrounded by historical musical instruments and valuable manuscripts, the Stone Hall / Horst Haschek Auditorium offers an impressive setting for special presentations, press conferences or banquets. Here, historical flair meets modern architecture. These apparent contrasts create the unique ambience of the Stone Hall / Horst Haschek Auditorium. In connection with the Glass Hall / Magna Auditorium, this hall is often used as a representative setting for receptions.
The Wooden hall
Whether alone or as a companion – the Wooden Hall always cuts a fine figure. It is the ideal space for smaller events, receptions, cocktails, seminars and workshops. For events in the Glass Hall / Magna Auditorium, it is the perfect buffet and break room and can be used as an extension of the foyer with its flexible sliding wall.
© Wolf-Dieter Grabner
We offer you
- Rental of the concert halls & other premises of the Musikverein
- Sales Solutions (e.g. ticket sales)
- Consulting and co-ordination of technical details
- Catering and banqueting service www.gerstner.at
- Publication of your event in the calendar of the “Musikfreunde” magazine with a circulation of 35,000 copies monthly
- Ticket sales via www.musikverein.at
- Cultural events such as concerts (classical music, jazz, traditional music, concert opera…)
- Semi-staged productions
- Company presentations
- Congresses, seminar, workshops
- Gala dinners and receptions
- Press conferences, meetings
- Sound recordings
- Children’s, youth and school projects
- Meetings, conferences and presentations
- Corporate parties and celebrations
Please note that our halls offer various technical requirements and equipment. Our team will happily help you find the perfect hall for your event.
- Professional digital sound systems with 16 – 48 audio inputs and outputs
- Professional lighting control systems with programmable lighting consoles
- Video and data large-screen projectors, seminar technology
- Sound and video interfaces for broadcast and transmission trucks
- Interfaces for the integration of mobile simultaneous interpretation systems