Implementation of the Public Events decree in the Musikverein
The Ordinance of the Municipal Administration of Vienna announced on 10 March 2020 regarding the measures to be taken to prevent the spread of the novel corona virus (SARS-CoV-2), which prohibits indoor events with more than 100 participants, will apply to all public events planned before 10 March 2020 scheduled in the Musikverein building during the period starting on 10 March 2020 and provisionally scheduled to expire on 30 June 2020.
You will find a summary of the necessary information here on this page, which we will be updating continuously. Please do not call our box office and remember that responses to emails may be delayed due to the increased number of enquiries.
- There will be no alternative dates for concerts organised by the Society of the Friends of Music (Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde) in Vienna. This will also apply to all subscription concerts scheduled up to 30 June.
Exception: 27.04.2020 um 19.30 Uhr, GS - Cecilia Bartoli
New date: 04.10.2020 um 20.00 Uhr, GS - Tickets remain valid
- For concerts that are not organised by the Society of the Friends of Music in Vienna, the decision whether to offer an alternative date or to call off the event without replacement will lie with the respective organisers. You may find the relevant information under: https://www.musikverein.at/en/postponed-performances
What will happen to my tickets?
All tickets for concerts scheduled up to 30 June 2020 purchased from the Society of the Friends of Music will be cancelled - provided the concerts in question have been cancelled, rather than postponed - and the purchase price will be refunded.
In the case of concerts for which an alternative date has been proposed, the purchaser of the ticket will be free to decide whether to request a refund of the ticket price or to keep the ticket and use it on the alternative date.
The manner of this reverse transaction will depend on the date of purchase and on the method of payment:
- If you bought the tickets yourself at the concert box office without providing any customer data, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
- Subscribers and customers whose ticket purchases were made more than 3 months ago will receive a voucher that may cashed in or, alternatively, used for future ticket or subscription purchases. This voucher will be sent to you as a print@home voucher if we have your e-mail address. In cases where it is not possible to send the voucher by email, we will contact you separately.
- Customers who bought tickets via www.musikverein.at in the last 3 months and paid by credit card, SEPA direct debit or EPS will be reimbursed directly by retransfer of the amount in question to the respective account.
We hope you understand that the repayments will be made in the order of the scheduled concerts and would like to thank you in advance for your patience. We will, in any case, do our best to process the refunds as quickly as possible.